Monday, December 29, 2008

But how much will it cost?

Before we even go there .... let me ask you THIS:

How much do you SAVE by using the Library?
This issue was mentioned in a recent comment posted by one of our Trustees, so I started thinking about how to calculate that, and while researching the concept, I found this very cool "Library Use Value Calculator" ... Click here to try it out!

I don't know how old this is, but I have a feeling that today's actual values are much higher than this will show. For example, it calculates a book at $15/ea, and we all know that a new hardcover book costs almost double that! (Maybe it's averaging hardcover and paperback prices together?) Also, when's the last time anyone accessed microfilm?! Anyhow, you'll get the point, at least!
Don't forget: DVD's ~ FREE for a week!

And this doesn't even calculate all you can save by using Museum Passes!

No comments:

Post a Comment